Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Light areas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crump
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: voids Reply with quote Back to top

TML - What fixed it? Do internal prints that are good have the same solids that exhibit the problem? Was the problem only from one source - roll or cut sheet? Did adjusting the detack dc bias help? It's not transfering right. Paper is not on the drum at the right angle (feed speed), or not charged. The detack dc bias may be too high (low on a negative machine)discharging the paper - ac detack interference. image remains on the drum, cleaner has a hard time cleaning it off (brush cleaner?)- charge is too high (low) in the non transfered image area. Charge then tries to charge the not cleaned area, the dev housing tries to develop it and can't because the drum bias is close to the dev bias, or lower, at that point - there is your void. It - the void - probably starts about an inch longer down the sheet than the diameter of the drum. I have not ever even seen a 3000 but the problem sounded exactly like the one box that was fixed by repairing feed speed (sticking pinch rolls) problem and lowering the dc detack bias - out of spec so it may be covering another problem that I'm missing. So what fixed it?

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: light print when printing banner Reply with quote Back to top

i have the same issue ,did you find a solution to correct the issue?client had to stop printing banners due to this.
thanks joe

crump
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Voids Reply with quote Back to top

Nope - but I did make a mistake in my last post - the void started about an inch beyond the circumference - not the diameter - of the drum. The problem solved itself when I removed the feed pinch rolls and hand fed the paper. Very strange.

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: light prints or ghosting Reply with quote Back to top

TMLguy, i talked to KMBS and sent them the file(banner with 4 in letters) and had them test it on their 3000. they got the same out come with the letters being 13 in down the page same issue that i am having.they said to go out of spec and lower drum voltage and raise cleaning voltage. also stated that this equipment wasn t made for heavy text or heavy printing.i also sent the file to KIP they didn t have a 3000 to to test it on but the tested it on a 8000 with no issues.they told me it could be laying to much toner and advise to lower density. i went to client this morning and found that the density was set to very dark set to light but it did not help.i will contact KIP again and see what they advise. also if there is anyone out there that services 3000 i can send you the file and you can see if is just an isolated issue or an inherited 3000 issue.
send me your e-mail if you would like the file to test.
joe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: