Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

scanning straight, images not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: scanning straight, images not Reply with quote Back to top

I have a scanner that seems to be scanning prints in straight, but when you go to view it, it'll be crooked. Anyone else seen this problem?

Tech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New or old. What size of prints. Are the black screws out on the back.

Tech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New or old. What size of prints. Are the black screws out on the back.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actuallly, they've had the machine for a couple of years now. Since Feb., I just went in and did some cleaning and recalibrating and I have not heard back from the customer of any new issues.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so I go back to do reg. maint. and they say that they are still getting crooked prints. The machine has been here for at least 4 years now and it seems random on any size prints. Sometimes the prescan that you see on the viewer actually looks straight but as soon as it takes the whole paper through, the image is crooked to the right. The original goes through scanner perfectly straight though.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having the same issue. The image is skewing, but the paper is feeding through straight and fine. I think it has something to do with the scanner not being able to distinguish the edges of the paper properly. I am attempting to do a white shading on the scanner, but it is taking an awfully long time to do it. How long should it take? Dlee, did you figure out a solution?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up doing a white shading on the scanner. One thing I didn't know is that it takes up to 25 min. to complete a white shading as compared to about 3 min. on the monochrome scanners. I just had to be patient, when it is done, the button will be unshaded, but it does take about 25 min. Try this and let me know how it goes. I have not heard back from the customer, so hopefully this will help you out.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up doing the white balance, but I had to turn automatic deskew off in the software. Something in the beginning of the image was making the software think that the image was skewed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: