Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP duty cycle vs. Oce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pq
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: KIP duty cycle vs. Oce Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to verify the recommended maximum duty cycle in SF/mo for the 6000, 7000 and 8000. I'm not sure if I should use the max print allowance in the maintenance pricing section. What do you guys think? I'm going up against Oce and don't want to undersell the box just to be price competitive. They claim to be running about 185K SF /mo right now on a 9600. Is this possible? Would a 7000 handle this OK or do they need the 8K? Do you know what the TDS600 can handle?

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: DUTY CYCLE Reply with quote Back to top

At 185,000 sf per month, you only want to be selling an 8000.

Let the math be your guide. Take the service price + toner across volumes and you will see that above 50-60 K per month, the 8000 always makes more sense in terms of total operating cost. T.O.C. is always the best way to defeat Oce.

I would not sell a 6000 above 30k.

Above 30k I almost always sell an 8000.

I do not like the 7000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: