Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

lines 12 inches apart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: lines 12 inches apart Reply with quote Back to top

When you do a direct copy to KIP8000, there is two lines that are almost exactly 12" apart from LE to TE (not machine) on a 36" wide paper. If I scan to file at 600 dpi, I get 4 lines at 6" apart on the image. I shut the power and when I rebooted, I did not hear any of the cams moving or anything, so I took out the relay board and motor and was going to swap it out with out in-house one, but then I noticed that our in-house one was just as quiet. I guess I'm just used to the monochrome scanners that cam and adjust everytime you power them up. Anyone have any clue, I am going to swap out the interface and CPU board next.

Also, when I do Shading compensation, it seems to get stuck on it or does it just take a very long time. It tells you how to get to it , but doesn't say how long it should take. I've walked away and returned 10 min. later and it was still shaded out. Does anyone know how long the process is suppose to take?

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shading normally takes about 25 minutes on the 2200.

SOunds like CPU board to me, not cheap

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you...I did the Shading and patiently waitted for about 25 min. and the lines went away...Like I said, I just wasn't sure how long the process was and kept thinking that something was wrong...Thanks again.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear it. It's very important to keep the glass and the white referance plate clean on these scanners, as the scanner does auto white shading and if those parts are dirty the quality can deteriorate soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: