Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2160 scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: 2160 scanner Reply with quote Back to top

I have a scanner that has the following two issues:

The first issue is that I am getting the following message: "Error: no local data in read doc size code: 20000."

The second problem I am having is when using KIP Scan we receive a runtime error 70. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the scanner and PC. I have searched other threads on this forum and can not find a solution that works.

I have cleaned all sensors, and checked all cables.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first error you are getting where is it happening? When you try and launch the Scan program or when you are trying to scan something to file?
The first error usually the 20000 error is a Runtime Error 20000 and it has something to do with the SCSI not connecting properly. Did you make sure you set up the STF correctly and you are seeing the SCSI message on the boot screen. Also it may be something to do with the scanner being in COPY mode.

Runtime Error 70 - Permission Denied
• Do you have permissions to read/write/erase to and from the selected folder? RTE70 is often an issue with computer rights. Test the ability to read an write by using Windows Explorer to write a file to the location in question and then delete it.
• Sometimes it’s simply a bad file in the queue. Make sure you have the latest conversion set (Mfiles). Try viewing the file in Request. If it opens in the viewer, it should print. If you get a RTE70 when trying to view, the printer will give the same result.
• A program is already running in the background, and you’re trying to open it again. Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and check the Task Manager within the Powerprint Controller. Maybe you have mh2.exe or one of the other Mfiles running in the Task Manager Processes? Sometimes a file will hang and this program doesn’t shut down properly.
End the task, or reboot.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first error happens during scanning and is not consistent, using the KIP Scan program. I checked the set-up yesterday and all cables are fine. This is in shop and not a new install. As far as the Runtime 70, I found that troubleshooting guide that you copy and pasted into this thread as well. I haven't tried all of those things yet, but I will today and post my results. I am also going to try to switch out the SCSI card today to see if that helps. Thank-you!

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version software are you running? I have seen this error on the Scan 6 versions. I had to copy all the DLL files out of the request folder into the scan folder and over write them. That fixed the no local data error.

You could also try a complete re-install of the software. Make sure to re-install the twain driver and ASPI driver too.

Maybe something is corrupt in there???

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am running 6.5 Scan and 6.5.162 Request on that PC. I did re-install the twain driver this morning and re-seated the SCSI card into a different slot. I have not heard of anymore errors yet on this issue. I will keep everyone posted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: