Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 2200 scanner glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TECH-NINE
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: KIP 2200 scanner glass Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a KIP 2200 color scanner. I've had to replace the glass several times, this kinda gets expensive at $450 a piece. Does any one have an idea on alternate vendors of Kip color scanner glass? Usually I will get a local glass company to cut me a piece for any other black and white scanner (KIP 2080 etc.) but the color scanner glass has that material (kinda like tape) on one side.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you own the scanner or are you servicing it? If the latter you should not be covering the cost to replace it when it is the customer scratching it. Typically the scanner glass is a consumable.

TECH-NINE
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are a servicing dealer and this is an in-house scanner. I'm just trying cut costs for my repro shop.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All my scanners are using standard 4mm glass from my local glass shop. I have him cut 10 at a time and bevel the lead edge. Works like a charm!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip Dude, Just a question. When you are getting the glass from the glass shop are you getting tempered galss or regular glass?

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Glass Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about anyone else I just getting reg glass. the scanner runs cool there no lamps that put out a lot of heat.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Regular glass not tempered

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if that tape on the back is needed? If so what kind is it? We found a glass company to make ours, but it doesn't have the tape on it.

Thanks in advance!

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have a resonse to my question? My scanner glass is scratched again, I want to know if it is ok to use the glass that we got from our glass company. This glass does not have the tape down the sides.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what you should is have your glass company cut you a glass and try it and if it doesn't work ... buy the KIP glass. That simple.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[color=red]All my scanners are using standard 4mm glass from my local glass shop. I have him cut 10 at a time and bevel the lead edge. Works like a charm![/color]

KIP Dude, would you tell me how you pay your galss company for this. I am very interested about this. Thanks.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I take a scratched KIP 2200 scanner glass into my local glass shop and tell them I need the same dimensions and they deliver. There is no need for the tape on the bottom side. I have tested this and it works for a fraction of the cost. I think we pay about $20 per piece.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Cjwilt! We already have the glass from the glass company. I just wanted to check on the tape part. Thanks for your response:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: