Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-14 error on SP5000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: E-14 error on SP5000 Reply with quote Back to top

Any easy fix? If I turn off machine and restart it after a few minutes it will print - some. Was doing this on last sheet of jobs, now it just does it.
Got 11 sets of 3 24x36 run on 24" paper. But it keeps stopping now every so many prints. Have been masking the web motor because repair people mis-diagnosed it last year (if that would have any bearing on it).

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

E-14 is a fuser motor error. E-08 would be web remaining error. Call your tech out.

doug s
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be the plastic drive gears on the left side of the fuser (from the back of the machine) are starting to go.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for responding, I wish it were the gears, but the Tech Guy just left and is going to order a DC Controller and Motor Control PCB. The motor spins on but the main board is not seeing it and so is throwing an
error - and this one can't be masked.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just my 2 cents here.. I would not change out a dc controller on a Starprint 5000. I would get into new equipment of some kind. The quality and endurance of the newer generation machines is SO much better than that box you are pouring money into. Not to mention toner cost, old software, messy fuser web, developer powder (if you use it), messy toner install, messy waste toner... With the economy as it is.. I assume you can get a used 6000 installed for just the cost of a service contract and supplies.. seriously.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Controller for SP5000 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your post! You make it all sound so horrible as I'm used to the mess, etc. But that is what the owner of my Fix-it company told me this morning and he will call Monday morning with a price for a 6000 versus the $ for the controller. I'm supposed to think about it over the weekend. Your advice makes so much sense as I had not considered toner prices and the web cost. As for the mess: I keep a black sweatshirt to put on when tending the machine Smile So now I'll do some homework regarding the upkeep on the 6000. My budget (or lack thereof) may just not allow it though. Thanks again.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a real nice shape low mileage 6000 with a 2050 scanner that I have personally serviced and gone through to ensure it is printing fine.

$6000 plus shipping will take it. Can't beat that.

Call or email for details and pics.

Steve

[email protected]
860-395-7942

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: