Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Hi guys.. I have 4 1030 machines with 1 to 1 ratio issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Hi guys.. I have 4 1030 machines with 1 to 1 ratio issues. Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.. I have 4 1030 machines with 1 to 1 ratio issues. It is a length problem. They are out by half a inch. It seems consistant. Any one have a suggestion?
Thanks guys[/b]

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they are older machines the original feed rollers may be worn. That would cause the original speed to be off slightly and that would throw off the scale. What is the margin of error on a 48" long print and on a 24" long print?

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Hi Doc Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Doc,

We only got a few of these machines so silly problems always pop up. The manual is terrible. The ratio increases by the length of the prints. On a 24 inch they are out by a little under half a inch longer. The four units i have in the workshop are all about the same.
I visited a site yesterday that had a low click machine and theirs was out by the same percent.
I am now wondering if any we have are correct.
The timing is all driven by the same timing belt so i agree with you it appears to be the feed , but they all are out and the clicks vary from 1000 to 29000.
We have no stock of the rollers and i have the boss on my back as he has sold these second hand units... Yay!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't tell by your post if you are saying the image is long or short on the length. Width should be good too or is it off also?

If the image on the print goes off the page or is long (stretched) then the original is stalling or slow and it's probably in the original feed. The original feed on the 1030 was belt driven so I would make sure the belt is in good shape and tight. Clean the original rubber feed tires with some INX or something like that.

If the print is short (compressed) and it looks like you have too much trail edge margin. Then there probably is an issue with the paper feed. That machine is famous for the paper feed tires going bad (the foam ones) also might look into the paper feed clutch.

Did your boss sell them as boat anchors or did he actually want them to run perfectly all the time? Tough machine to keep good copy quality on. Never did have great solids after it was in the field for a while.

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: TOO LIGHT FOR BOAT ANCHORS Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Chillin

Nah we just finally decided to stop supporting the old ammonia machines..Yeah get off the floor laughing. We needed a cheap analog replacement for some very old clients who will never survive in the digital world. So we had 7 trade in machines that had the boss rubbing his hands in glee.
The problem is on all our machines, i have now checked 8 machines. They all are stretching the image by 5 to 12 mm.[width is fine]
Some of these machines are like new and some are old. All still with the problem.
The only thing we have not done is change the timing belt on the drum feed drive.
I am not confident that will help. It just appears to me a design fault.
I have a request in at KTA for help.

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to try some "Anti Static Fluid" on the Original Feed Shelf..Static may be slowing the original from passing at the regular speed. These 1030's were always a problem with 1 : 1 ratio. 1/2 ' seems a little extreme though.

Good luck with the 1030

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny,
After you clean the original feed tires. I might also try to run a print from the back of the machine like it was a thicker original and check your ratio after doing that. If it still off then it proably is an original drive issue. If it is better then you might look at the document feed table that there's not an issue there.

As for the amonia machine I still work on them a few times a year. So no comments from me other than to rent a boat and go out fishing. We have been tryig to get the customer into at least one of 1880's we are taking in on trade after installing 3000/3100's. Parts for the 1030's are getting harder to come by as time goes on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: