Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New Kip release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: New Kip release Reply with quote Back to top

ANyone know of the new machine that might be replacing the Kip 5000. Its just a rumor, but I thought maybe someone knows something?

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are replacing both the 5000 and 7000.
I was told nothing really new on them just faster.
The 5000 speed was to close to the 3100 and if you speed up the 5000 it then becomes too close to the 7000.
Im guessing the speed will be something like 10 D's for the new 5000 and 18 d"s for the new 7000. But that is just a guess.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know these machines model numbers and when this is going to be happening?

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No unfortunetly I don't.
They will be at the IRGA show in May.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, let us all schlep to Pittsburgh and pay $1,000 to see them.

I have never understood why people are down on the 5000?

Good price, runs great, 4 rolls, we have placed quite a few without incident.

Why bother with a 7000 at all? Anyone needing more than 10 prints per minute can just get a 9000. KIP could save money by ceasing production of that next from the top machine and simply lower the price of the 9000 a little. The savings in production and development would be more than the little less profit on each 9000.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like 4th quarter now before we will see these.
They just can't move the 5000 and 7000's out of inventory.

Danno
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reply to reprodoggie, the 5000's (and most of the KIP line) operating cost is quite a bit more than the cost of the like machines, (6050)-6279 and oce 7000.
As good of a job Steve does with the housings, they still only last 120k maybe 150k. Issues like roll back-outs (mostly cured now with the gripper kits), controller failures, e-000's, e31/34's, e17's constantly popping up, especially in the dry winter months, are easy to fix, hard to prevent and just an annoyance.

So, when you ask why is everybody down on the 5k.........

Just so this doesnt sound too negative, KIP has great software, great features and the software guys, Raji and Tony J are just awesome and Mott always has the answer.

I do agree with the post that said to just dump the 7k, speed-up the 5k and lower the 9k price a bit and you will help reduce the RD and MFG cost.
Quality will overcome quantity in the long run, i hope BigK figures this out before its too late for them. As the great linguist GWB said "fool me once, shame on me, fool me...uh...wont get fooled again"

Go Sox (white not red)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: