Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Original would not move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vic
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Original would not move Reply with quote Back to top

I have KIP 1880 that picks original as normal, then it either move it inch or two and seats there, or would not move at all. At the same time machine keep pumping out paper out.To stop this I have to remove original and then it cuts paper and finishes with metre or so of a blank copy.
I have replaced paper feed clutches(brand new).No help. Original feed rolls.
(only first roll, did not have more, rolls are metal ones).Main board and original feed sensors.(used ones). No help .I checked sensors through the diagnostic mode.They checked out OK. Replaced them anyway.
Any suggestions?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are the original clutches turning off or is the paper hitting something? When the original stops, hold it in place and open the top cover. See where it's stopped at. Is it physically hitting something or is it stopped at a roller etc. There are two sets of clutches on the 1880. Two on the right and two on the left. The left side are the forward feed clutches and the right are the reverse clutches. I have also seen the feed table bending up a little so it will pinch the original as it is feeding in. Usually after replacing the felt in the fuser. If you shine a flashlight and look through the original feed path with the top closed it should not look pinched in the middle.
Good luck...

Vic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clutches start moving. But when original stops, clutches are not moving also.
WHEN ORIGINAL STOPS , IT STOPS EVERY TIME AT THE DIFFERENT SPOT.
Sometimes at the second raw of the feed rolls, sometimes barely over it.,Sometimes barely over the first raw of the feed rolls. Quite often it never even attempts to move. I have checked original path .Could not see anything abnormal. Feed tires touching pinch rolls. I could see light through closed document handler.I even took apart doc. handler to see if anything wrong
with the pinch rolls springs. everything looks ok. Should I replace doc. handler? Power supply? I forgot to mention that when machine started this morning at first print it worked as normal, gave me a normal copy no problem. And that`s it. After that I could not get a single copy, would stop original all the time.I spent 6 hours on this machine and ran out of ideas.Any help or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Vic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone . This message for those who was watching this problem.
I found problem .On shaft of the first set of doc. feed tires there is a brake.
Spring loaded metal leaf with the felt as a padding that glides on a shaft.
I just removed whole thing all together.And it starts working no problem. I guess machine that has over 250000 feet doesn`t need one.
Thank you every one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: