Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Error 5 on 2050 scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Error 5 on 2050 scanner Reply with quote Back to top

Just trying to get some feed back on this error...I have a machine that is only accessible by airplane 2 days out of the week.
I have a new glass assembly and a white roller and looking into an image process PCB as a final solution but would anyone know of a another/better solution to this error???

Thanks for your time.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have had this problem a few times in the past, and unfortunately it always turned out to be the image process PCB. Maybe you want to try and disconnect and reconnect all the connectors on the PCB before replacing it

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to find my original post, but it has been a while. I hope you haven't ordered the PCB yet? I have one customer that is a document reprocessor. What they do is scan in old or damaged prints to file. They have 5 scanners and they get very dirty and dusty. Each one has given the ERROR 5 code at least once and when I originally went for the very first one, I was told by KIP to buy the PCB. Since I had 5 scanners, I swapped out the PCB and found for myself that this didn't fix the issue. Cleaning and/replacing the glass and white roller didn't help. I even tried reseating everything twice. Dirt on the glass and white roller had nothing to do with it, it was dirt on the mirrors underneith the glass or CCD lense that was causing this (not in manual).

I've found a better and cheaper method. First off, go buy a lint free cloth. I got mine from a camera lense store. If it is very dusty, I would recommend vacuuming, not air, or make sure you blow away from middle and do this first before cleaning with cloth. Take the glass off the scanner and gently wipe the mirrors underneith. Next, take the CCD shield cases off and then wrap the cloth around your finger and gently wipe the lenses of the two Lens Unit. It is a little tricky to get to, but not impossible. This has fixed it everytime for me and it has been more than 10 times. I would def. try cleaning like I explained before replacing anything.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is very good info from dlee. I have proven this also many times. KIP would love it if you bought thier boards and are quick to recommend it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Doc. I try to post what I can. Just too bad most of my posts are questions, rather than answers, but I try.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now this is more like it...real world solutions not based on selling parts. You guys rock!
DLee I will try what you have said as a first step but due to the fact I have to fly into this northern site I will have to take along all the parts to repair as per the manual...cost prohibitive to fly in and out to get parts each time.
With solutions like this from trained techs performing repairs on the go this site is turning into a wealth of important information for me..."keep up the good work".

Thanks guys.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is why I do this. If I can help just one person then my mission is complete. That is why we all are here on this flying rock, to help other people. Just doing what I can.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worst case scenario, call KIP and see what they recommend. If they suggest any parts, get the person's name and then ask if you can RMA the part for credit if you end up not using the part. They are pretty good with the RMAs, as long as you have a name from KIP that suggested the part. If they say you can, then order the parts you need and if it ends up that you didn't need the part, RMA it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: