Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Oce Layoffs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Oce Layoffs Reply with quote Back to top

It is my understanding that Oce just did a massive company wide layoff including middle management and some techs. I also heard that they are going to get away from black and white all together. Apparently they want to focus on color. This sounds like a good opportunity to replace that Oce equipment that is currently out there.

Does anyone else have any input on these rumors?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also heard this is happening at the K Mart ranch. They even cancelled the big Christmas party this year. That was always an event. They used to fly us all in for that drunk fest.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Oce Layoff was weeks ago. I asked an Oce employee the extend and he would not give me any details other than to acknoledge that it happened.. It was company wide though.. so, more than a few people affected. I also heard a rumor that OCE was going to pushing more direct sales of the entry level toner machines. Again the Oce employee said it was news to him.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find it interesting that company's would be laying off techs. Companies are going to want to repair before buy new nowadays. They want the machine to keep running until they can again afford to buy new. Sales is going to drop off, and support is going to take off.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is the independents out there that will benefit from this type of corporate downsizing/cost saving move.

Smart fortunes are made during economic downturns. Start marketing now.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Oce direct sales rep was let go a few weeks back.
31 years with Oce!!
Nice loyalty Oce!!

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For amusement purposes only I follow Oce's stock. Profit for Q4 dropped by 95% for roughly 35 million euros to 700,000 euros. I would bet my last Milkbone that it was really a loss and they used some "accounting magic" to put a better face on it.

I would not be surprised to see them sell off some divisions to Canon or Konica.

I have also heard tale of longtime reps being cast off. Not surprising as they cost the most and live mostly off upgrades anyway. The big copier companies have been doing the same thing.

People are buying, it's getting them to actually part with the money that seems to be the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: